“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”….. Margeret Hungerford
Dark Circles are a major issue faced by people of any age or gender due to a variety of causes. I am laying down five home remedies that will surely help you’ll reduce dark circles.
What are dark circles?
Dark Circles is the appearance of dark skin between the lower eyelid and the cheek.
Causes of dark circles.
It is commonly believed that dark circles are caused to due to lack of sleep and fatigue, but this is not the only reason, dark circles are caused due to varied other reasons like sun exposure, dehydration, lack of exercise, improper nutrition and hormonal changes.
Five home remedies to cure dark circles.
1. Rosewater: Rosewater has beauty enhancing properties. It helps lighten dark circles and dark patches and helps the skin glow. You can apply rosewater around your eyes with the help of cotton and wash it off in 10 minutes.
2. Cucumber Slice: Cucumber works as an astringent and has skin lightening agents.You can cut the cucumber into slices and keep them on your closed eyes for 10 minutes.
3. Lemon juice: Lemon juice has vitamin C which is a very effective bleaching agent. Therefore lemon juice is very helpful in lightening dark circles under the eyes. You can apply lemon juice under your eyes with the help of cotton and wash it off in 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Raw potato slice:Potato consists of natural bleaching agents which help to lighten the skin under the eye and reduce puffiness. You can cut the potato into slices and place chilled slices of potato on your closed eyes for 10 minutes.
5. Almond oil: Almond oil being rich in vitamins nourishes and lightens the skin. Since the skin around the eyes is extremely thin it is advisable to use almond oil rather than chemical products. You can apply almond oil around your eyes with the help of cotton and wash it off in 10 minutes.
Hope this helps.